HardwareBanter

-   -   To those who bought the Leadtek 6600GT AGP (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=56255)

Tim January 7th 05 02:23 AM

To those who bought the Leadtek 6600GT AGP

How do you like it, any buyer's remorse? I'm about to order one.

Nada January 7th 05 10:10 AM

Tim wrote:
How do you like it, any buyer's remorse? I'm about to order one.

Ask this again in about three weeks from now. :0P

John Russell January 7th 05 11:26 AM

"Tim" wrote in message
How do you like it, any buyer's remorse? I'm about to order one.

I bought an 6600GT AGP and I am beggining to regret it. All the reviews I
read where of the AGP version as I was looking for an AGP card. I now find
that the PCI-e versions are cheaper as they don't require the interface
chip, or need external power (and PCI-e sales are lower than expected?). The
money I would have saved could have gone towards a new PCI-e motherboard!

Freedom55 January 7th 05 11:38 AM

Tim wrote:
How do you like it, any buyer's remorse? I'm about to order one.

Got the PCIe version and have no regrets. Great card. Fits all of my
needs and with my SLI board I can drop another one in in a few months
when prices drop.

Ron

Nada January 7th 05 11:47 AM

John Russell wrote:

"Tim" wrote:

How do you like it, any buyer's remorse? I'm about to order one.

I bought an 6600GT AGP and I am beggining to regret it. All the reviews I
read where of the AGP version as I was looking for an AGP card. I now find
that the PCI-e versions are cheaper as they don't require the interface
chip, or need external power (and PCI-e sales are lower than expected?). The
money I would have saved could have gone towards a new PCI-e motherboard!

Look at it this way. The AGP is on its way out and you got yourself one
of the finest AGP cards that runs extremely well for its price. And
when you finally get yourself one of those luxury PCI-e mobos, you can
save that card for your old PC.

Robert Hancock January 7th 05 10:57 PM

Tim wrote:
How do you like it, any buyer's remorse? I'm about to order one.

Working well for me. I have another one on the way to use in an SLI setup..

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from

John Russell January 7th 05 11:55 PM

"Nada" wrote in message
John Russell wrote:

"Tim" wrote:

How do you like it, any buyer's remorse? I'm about to order one.

I bought an 6600GT AGP and I am beggining to regret it. All the reviews I
read where of the AGP version as I was looking for an AGP card. I now
find that the PCI-e versions are cheaper as they don't require the
interface chip, or need external power (and PCI-e sales are lower than
expected?). The money I would have saved could have gone towards a new
PCI-e motherboard!

Look at it this way. The AGP is on its way out and you got yourself one
of the finest AGP cards that runs extremely well for its price. And when
you finally get yourself one of those luxury PCI-e mobos, you can save
that card for your old PC.

I could look at at that way, but why should anyone else who isn't aware of
lower PCI-E price make a similer mistake?

Tim January 8th 05 02:36 AM

"JRS" wrote in message
Nope. Just put mine in tonite to replace last years FX5900. Better
color, higher performance in HL2 , and nice card so far.

Which driver version are you using?

Robert Hancock January 8th 05 04:30 AM

Robert Hancock wrote:
Tim wrote:

How do you like it, any buyer's remorse? I'm about to order one.

Working well for me. I have another one on the way to use in an SLI setup..

Whoops, I have the PCI Express version, you were asking about AGP. Not a
whole lot of differences though, looks like..

[email protected] January 8th 05 07:22 AM

Only problem I have in my Dual-Boot system (98SE+XP Pro) is the most
recent 66.94 driver for Win98. The games don't run.

No problem in XP Pro with Doom3 and UT2004 although I didn't run any
benchmarks. The installed driver is 66.93.

I think the cooling fan on Leadtek 6600GT AGP is very good. The nvidia
driver interface displays 60 grade Celcius after gameplay which drops
quickly to 43-45. I had 70-75 grade Celcius with my older Leadtek
FX5600. (I have an Antec Sonata TruePower 380 which has a 120 mm rear
fan.)