HardwareBanter

-   Printers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Canon iP2770 often stop while printing (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=195124)

[email protected] November 20th 14 11:04 PM

Canon iP2770 often stop while printing

Hi, I'm currently having a problem with my canon. I bought it 2 months ago, so It's kinda new. But it had several errors already, like suddenly it just stopped while printing. Then an error message came up and told me to turn off the printer. This error kept going for 3 to 4 times. After I turned off the printer and turned it back on, the printing still wouldn't work. It totally eats my paper. Please help me solve this.

Tony November 20th 14 11:47 PM

wrote:
Hi, I'm currently having a problem with my canon. I bought it 2 months ago, so
It's kinda new. But it had several errors already, like suddenly it just
stopped while printing. Then an error message came up and told me to turn off
the printer. This error kept going for 3 to 4 times. After I turned off the
printer and turned it back on, the printing still wouldn't work. It totally
eats my paper. Please help me solve this.
Re-install the printer drivers. If that doesn't fix it get Canon to look at it
under warranty.
Tony

Gernot Hassenpflug[_4_] November 21st 14 01:48 AM

writes:

Hi, I'm currently having a problem with my canon. I bought it 2 months
ago, so It's kinda new. But it had several errors already, like
suddenly it just stopped while printing. Then an error message came up
and told me to turn off the printer. This error kept going for 3 to 4
times. After I turned off the printer and turned it back on, the
printing still wouldn't work. It totally eats my paper. Please help me
solve this.

Procedure to follow:
1. Take note of error message and number
2. Do a search on the internet to figure out if there is any information
about it.
3. Ask here, with the information from 1. and 2. as reference.

As another poster mentioned, reinstalling drivers could help. But it is
a shot in the dark, without knowing more. Hardware errors or
expectations (like needing to replace something) will no go away with a
software reinstall.
--
NNTP on Emacs 24.3 from Windows 7