HardwareBanter

-   -   nVidia F*cked (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=50700)

The Robot September 11th 03 02:31 PM

nVidia F*cked

http://www20.tomshardware.com/busine...911/index.html

Bill September 11th 03 03:15 PM

"The Robot" wrote in message
.. .
http://www20.tomshardware.com/busine...911/index.html

Is Gabe a babe? :-)

Lee Marsh September 11th 03 03:29 PM

So what? Surely Nvidia will release new drivers to optimize Half-Life 2
?

The Robot September 11th 03 03:56 PM

So what? Surely Nvidia will release new drivers to optimize Half-Life 2
?

Excellent, we all look forward to unlimited frame rates from an FX5200. Not.

Out of interest, what sort of improvment do you expect to see from this
driver rewrite? 10%, 30%, 200%?

I eagerly await your answer.

Lee Marsh September 11th 03 04:02 PM

I'm not using an FX 5200

Lee Marsh September 11th 03 04:04 PM

NVIDIA statement: The Optimizations for Half-Life 2 shaders are in the
50 series of drivers which we made available to reviewers on Monday
[Sept. 8, 2003]. Any Half-Life 2 comparison based on the 45 series
driver are invalid. NVIDIA 50 series of drivers will be available well
before the release of Half-Life 2

JC September 11th 03 04:13 PM

Anyway, ATI might be faster, but since HL2 will be a PTP game (pay to play)
based on a monthly subscription like some others, how popular will it get ?
and for how long? 5 minutes ? Mosy gamers out there won't ditch some $20 or
$30 a month to play a game when tons others are out there for free.
This might not be relevant but I think they are basing this on a game that
will certainly not reach 1/2 of HL1's popularity due to be ptp.

JC

The Robot September 11th 03 04:24 PM

Yeah you're right. Half Life 2 won't be anything special.

At best they might sell 10 copies.

Sorry for being so stupid.

Lee Marsh September 11th 03 04:29 PM

Starting to wish I got that ATI 9800 Pro card now thats for sure.