HardwareBanter

-   Ati Videocards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Radeon 9100 vs. Geforce FX 5200 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=40656)

Seth July 13th 03 04:46 AM

Radeon 9100 vs. Geforce FX 5200

Hello!
I currently have a Radeon 9100 in my 1800+ XP Athlon system with 512MB of
PC133 RAM and WinXP Pro. (Also an MSI K7T Turbo2 in case you're
interested). I have read some reviews on the FX 5200 from Newegg,
Tomshardware, and a bunch of independent sites that all seem to give mixed
reviews of this card's performance. I want to get another cheap and good
video card for my second computer, but I can't decide whether I should buy
another Radeon 9100 or a Geforce FX 5200. I was curious if the Geforce FX
5200 would
outperform the Radeon 9100 (a rerelease of the Radeon 8500) in DirectX 8
applications. I primarily run Warcraft III, Diablo II, and I love to test
my cards out with 3Dmark2001SE.

Thanks!
Seth