HardwareBanter

-   Gigabyte Motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   GA-8KNXP udpated!! (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=38532)

Richard Dower August 20th 04 03:00 PM

GA-8KNXP udpated!!

http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/BIOS/BIOS_GA-8KNXP%20Ultra%20(Rev%202.0).htm

They reviewed the BIOS page...seems updated, but strange!
The BIOS revision is now dated 11/08/04 and is titled FH...weird.

It was dated August 4th 2004 and titles FI, they have actually reviewed all
the BIOS lettering.

I am not sure if Gigabyte have actually updated the BIOS or not, or they
have just moved letters and dated around.

I'll try it and see.....

Richard Dower August 20th 04 03:04 PM

http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/CPUSupportList/CPUSupportList_GA-8KNXP%20Ultra%20(Rev%202.0).htm

More weirdness...the CPU cupport sheets now says that the P4 Extreme Editons
is N/A....yet before it support 3.2EE??

Richard Dower August 20th 04 03:06 PM

****...i feel like a complete ass. I was looking at the wrong damn page.
GA-8KNXP Ultra, red faced....sorry guys.

Richard Dower August 20th 04 03:07 PM

http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/CPUSupportList/CPUSupportList_GA-8KNXP%20(Rev%202.0).htm

CPU support list page has been updated though to reflect the FI BIOS.

Kris Vorwerk August 20th 04 07:08 PM

i feel like a complete ass. I was looking at the wrong damn page.
GA-8KNXP Ultra, red faced....sorry guys.

Well, if it hels at all, there *was* an update to the 8KNXP rev 1
BIOS:

http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard...S_GA-8KNXP.htm

It claims to add "Support for Celeron-D". I wish they would be a
little more descriptive though -- i.e., it'd be nice to know if there
were there any other stability/performance improvements...

Kris