HardwareBanter

-   Asus Motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Asus P4C800E-Dlx - Wake on lan - HOW? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=34434)

Noozer September 13th 04 11:28 PM

Asus P4C800E-Dlx - Wake on lan - HOW?

I've enabled wake events from the PCI bus... I don't see anything else in
the BIOS to enable for Wake on Lan.

I try sending a "Magic Packet" to the MAC address of my onboard NIC, but the
PC never wakes up.

Can anyone tell me how to get an Asus P4C800E-Dlx running WinXP Pro Sp1 to
Wake up from a LAN request?

Thanks!

OldBoy September 14th 04 08:01 AM

"Noozer" wrote in message
I've enabled wake events from the PCI bus... I don't see anything else in
the BIOS to enable for Wake on Lan.

I try sending a "Magic Packet" to the MAC address of my onboard NIC, but
the
PC never wakes up.

Can anyone tell me how to get an Asus P4C800E-Dlx running WinXP Pro Sp1 to
Wake up from a LAN request?

With Device Manager: Enable Wake-on LAN in "Properties-Advanced" of your
Intel PRO/1000CT

Gr. Jan

Paul September 14th 04 08:39 AM

In article kap1d.422087$gE.365055@pd7tw3no, "Noozer" wrote:

I've enabled wake events from the PCI bus... I don't see anything else in
the BIOS to enable for Wake on Lan.

I try sending a "Magic Packet" to the MAC address of my onboard NIC, but the
PC never wakes up.

Can anyone tell me how to get an Asus P4C800E-Dlx running WinXP Pro Sp1 to
Wake up from a LAN request?

Thanks!

This post suggests "Allow this device to bring the computer out of
standby", in Windows Device Manager, for the Ethernet chip.

http://www.abxzone.com/forums/showth...13&postcount=5

I am assuming you already succeeded in setting up an ACPI HAL for
Windows, and you can go to S1/S3 (STR) OK. You can verify this a
bit by using dumppo.exe .

HTH,
Paul

Ron Shaw September 21st 04 08:10 AM

i use advance ip scanner1.4 http://www.radmin.com/?aaisn

my net - 2 asus p4c800 e deluxe mobio systems , 1 asus p4c800 dlx
1 asus cusl2-c mobo system

--

Ron Shaw - Help me please

My Skin is to tight, my fingers are pushing from the inside
and it hurts like hell.

I am deemed a Criminal by my own government
A Marijuana User in never ending pain, I had polio now MS.
As an Engineer I designed your cars, computers & software.
Why lockup the ill? http://home.comcast.net/~rtshaw
Support Medical Marijuana visit http://www.mpp.org/MI