HardwareBanter

-   Packard Bell Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Old Packard Bell (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=66792)

rex downer December 6th 03 04:36 PM

Old Packard Bell

I got old Packard Bell, Plantumin 2010. I took inside of it expect power
supply, 3 1/2 drive and cd disk. I will take out power supply and cd disk
too. I want know if anyone took inside too? I would try build my own
computer using my old Packard Bell, Platumin 2010. If this possible.
Thanks.

philo December 6th 03 05:53 PM

"rex downer" wrote in message
I got old Packard Bell, Plantumin 2010. I took inside of it expect power
supply, 3 1/2 drive and cd disk. I will take out power supply and cd disk
too. I want know if anyone took inside too? I would try build my own
computer using my old Packard Bell, Platumin 2010. If this possible.
Thanks.

Although I do not know the specifics of that particular machine...
all Packard Bell's that I;ve seen use their own *proprietary*
motherboards...
so if you are planning to use that case , you will need to keep the same
motherboard...

OTOH, if you are going to be using another case and motheboard...
the parts such as power supply, cd rom, harddrive and ram (etc) are all
pretty standard so you should be able to re-use them.

Ben Myers December 7th 03 01:11 AM

If the PB power supply is the typical 145w or less, I'd advise against using it.
I have had the experience of attempting a memory upgrade on a client's PB
computer only to have the computer shut down after 15 minutes due to a power
supply overload. I removed the memory (it met PB spec exactly), and the
computer ran fine again... Ben Myers

jeffc December 8th 03 03:19 PM

"rex downer" wrote in message
I got old Packard Bell, Plantumin 2010. I took inside of it expect power
supply, 3 1/2 drive and cd disk. I will take out power supply and cd disk
too. I want know if anyone took inside too?

It would help if you formulated meaningful English sentences.