HardwareBanter

-   Gigabyte Motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   GA-586ATE hard drive sizes? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=36876)

Chuk Goodin August 18th 03 08:45 PM

GA-586ATE hard drive sizes?

Does anyone know if we could put a current hard drive in a machine with a
GA-586ATE board? The machine is running Win98 SE -- can that handle a
60GB drive?

--
chuk

Chuk Goodin August 19th 03 06:18 AM

In article 0Td0b.146366$cF.53462@rwcrnsc53,
Matt wrote:

"Chuk Goodin" wrote in message

Does anyone know if we could put a current hard drive in a machine with a
GA-586ATE board? The machine is running Win98 SE -- can that handle a
60GB drive?

no

So, how high can I go? Is there an FAQ somewhere that covers this kind of
thing, even in general?

--
chuk

Holger Wiegratz August 28th 03 08:24 AM

Chuk Goodin wrote:
Does anyone know if we could put a current hard drive in a machine
with a GA-586ATE board? The machine is running Win98 SE -- can that
handle a 60GB drive?

Please have a look at http://wims.host.sk/. I think it can handle more
than 60 GB...