HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Password demand to log on.. (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=57756)

Dan Sgambelluri July 3rd 03 02:14 AM

Password demand to log on..

what OS?

did you just upgrade to broadband?

"John" wrote in message
My Compaq Presario is demanding a password to log on
eventhough I never set a log -on password.
What can I do?I upgraded from Me a few months ago.I am the only user so

I'm
locked out.

larry July 3rd 03 09:38 AM

Morning,
No its a dial up and I upgraded to XP PRo a few months ago.I have tried a
fix in the microsoft
knowledge base but unfortunately it does not work.

johnnyx July 5th 03 10:55 PM

The log on pass word did not just walk in there by itself, somebody set it.
It even asks a few times to confirm, and there is a warning. Who owns this
computer? Is it stolen? Just reinstall the operating system. Still have
your Quick Restore CDs?

SFR July 6th 03 11:09 AM

"John" a écrit dans le message news:
My Compaq Presario is demanding a password to log on
eventhough I never set a log -on password.
What can I do?I upgraded from Me a few months ago.I am the only user so

I'm
locked out.

Hi !

Maybe this is worth a look :