HardwareBanter

-   -   card upgrade (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=49485)

Reb June 30th 03 02:48 PM

card upgrade

Ti 4200, Upgrade the PS

Reb

"Ryan B" wrote in message
can anyone offer a suggestion for a good upgrade (noticeable performance
boost) from an NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS 32MB DDR SDRAM card. Comp specs as
follows:

Pentium 4 1.5 Ghz
256 MB SDRAM
250W power supply

any suggestions would be appreciated...i don't want to spend money on a

card
that my system won't fully take advantage of.

Just Me July 4th 03 05:34 PM

I was in a similar situation as you are..... I upgraded my RAM to 1GN first
and then I bought a new Ti 4200. Both of the upgrades produced substantial
improvement. I would go with the less expensive one first... then on to the
other.

Rodg

?? Ti 4200, Upgrade the PS

H Yes, I would recommend that as well. What kind of shop delivers a PIV
H with such a poverish powersupply??

H René

With best regards, Just Me. E-mail: