HardwareBanter

-   Gigabyte Motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   GA-7VAXP Bios problem (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=36935)

Jim August 25th 03 08:32 AM

GA-7VAXP Bios problem

Right as you will know this board uses a Dual bios, my problem is that my
main bios is knackered and so it keeps booting to the second.When i try to
update the bios,which i was wanting to do anyway, i keep getting the message
"Error Bios protected"
I cant update the bios can anyone help please.
Thanks.

Brett R August 27th 03 05:34 PM

I think Jim, from memory, the second BIOS chip is protected and is writen
with the base instruction set befor all the updates, this way, it cant be
attacked. If your primary one goes down it will go over to the backup one,
but you cant write to it I believe, check your manual. Feel free to correct
me if I am wrong.