HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Proliant 2500 how to configure array ? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=59466)

Kevin Childers December 21st 04 08:57 PM

Proliant 2500 how to configure array ?

Try asking in alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.server, probably more expertise
there on the server side hardware.

KC

From: "karol"
Subject: Proliant 2500 how to configure array ?
Date: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 1:48 PM

Hi everybody.

I have a Compaq Proliant 2500 server with Compaq 221 Smart Array. The
array is NOT configured. I have two SCSI disc's. I don't have original
SmartStart CD. I'm unable to setup the array. I've tried several
SoftPack, including SP6263, which claims to be bootable, but it is
NOT. While choosing Disk Array Configure from SCU menu, systen says
that I should insert SP6263 diskiette and boot. But since SP6263 disk
is not bootable nothing happends afterwards. I also tried free
SmartStart 7.10 CD. But it claims my system isn't support.

Finally the question(s) :)

1. Which SmartStart version supports Proliant 2500 ?
2. Or maybe there is an other BOOTABLE tool, which is able to
configure the array ?

Thx in advance
Karol