HardwareBanter

-   -   This copy protected disc can not be played when the TV out function is enabled. (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=49469)

Granulated June 29th 03 03:24 PM

This copy protected disc can not be played when the TV out function is enabled.

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 14:33:21 +0100 the meepish "orlimar"
meeped :

How do I disable the TV out function? The card is a GeForce 2MX-400, drivers
Version 41.09 on WindowsXP.

TIA

get TVTool.. it removes macrovision protection.
it's vert cheap and actually worth the money.

http://tvtool.info/index_e.htm
--

"please excuse me from gym...I've got this terrible cold coming on.."

orlimar June 29th 03 04:50 PM

Went and got TVTool
Now, what do I do with it?
Followed all the prompts, lost my monitor a couple of times & the message comes back all the time -
This copy protected disc can not be played when the TV out function is enabled.

Granulated June 29th 03 05:47 PM

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 16:50:04 +0100 the meepish "orlimar"
meeped :

Went and got TVTool
Now, what do I do with it?
Followed all the prompts, lost my monitor a couple of times & the =
message comes back all the time -=20
This copy protected disc can not be played when the TV out function is =
enabled.

did you "tick" the box that says [ Macro Off ]

it's on the [MODE] tab.
--

"please excuse me from gym...I've got this terrible cold coming on.."

A. Bahm June 30th 03 04:58 AM

"Granulated" wrote in message
On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 16:50:04 +0100 the meepish "orlimar"

meeped :

Went and got TVTool
Now, what do I do with it?
Followed all the prompts, lost my monitor a couple of times & the =
message comes back all the time -=20
This copy protected disc can not be played when the TV out function is =
enabled.

did you "tick" the box that says [ Macro Off ]

it's on the [MODE] tab.
--

"please excuse me from gym...I've got this terrible cold coming on.."

Or you could roll back to an older version of the driver. Running the
41.09's isin't going to help a
Geforce 2 all that much. Use the 30.82's and you'll be in like Flynn.

orlimar June 30th 03 10:51 AM

Installed some drivers that came with the board - 2.3 dated 29/11/2001
Moulin Rouge now playing like a dream using Power DVD.
Thanks for the advice.
Would like to know why later drivers are detrimental though.

ceedee June 30th 03 04:33 PM

apparently i hear this app overcomes this issue
i havent tried it so dont know

remote selector
http://eximius.nl/rs/

ceedee