HardwareBanter

-   Gigabyte Motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   SinXP1394: Switching Raid Controllers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=36749)

Matt July 20th 03 12:15 AM

SinXP1394: Switching Raid Controllers

"Roger Zoul" wrote in message
What info is written to a RAID array to make it work?

The reason I ask: I'm currently running a Raid 1 array on the ITE IDE Raid
controller on my Gigabyte SinXP1394. I'd like to switch it to Silicon

Image
SATA Raid.

SATA/PATA RAID- It's all ubiquitous. Just go ahead and move the drives. Same
setup. RAID has a way to write the info to the first and last disk so that
all RAID controllers will read the disks with. The SI controller wlll
recognize it the same way as the ITE one will.