HardwareBanter

-   Homebuilt PC's (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Graphics card Question.. (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=20937)

Crow T Robot August 23rd 04 03:30 AM

Graphics card Question..

Which of these two is the better one? For an Intel based system....

BFG GeForce FX5500

ATI 9800 PRO

JAD August 23rd 04 03:42 AM

an Intel based system doing what?

tooly August 23rd 04 02:41 PM

"Crow T Robot" wrote in message
Which of these two is the better one? For an Intel based system....

BFG GeForce FX5500

ATI 9800 PRO

I'm not a tech guy, but I've just purchased an FX5900XT after a lot of
research and owning several ATI cards [9600pro being the highest ATI card I
have]:

FX5900XT is comparable to the ATI9800Pro.
I would assume the FX5500 would be a lower level performance card [you only
mention the chipset and not the onboard RAM etc].

You mention Doom3; I would not use anything less than a FX5900Xt for
that game...or if ATI, the 9800PRO.

Mac Cool August 24th 04 04:23 AM

"tooly" said:

FX5900XT is comparable to the ATI9800Pro.

Not really, closer to a 9700Pro.

--
Mac Cool

Mac Cool August 24th 04 04:24 AM

"Crow T Robot" said:

Which of these two is the better one? For an Intel based system....

BFG GeForce FX5500

ATI 9800 PRO

It's not even close, the 9800Pro is a way better card.
--
Mac Cool