HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   UK Laptop and iPAQ in USA (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=17)

Simon June 23rd 03 02:59 PM

UK Laptop and iPAQ in USA

The power supply for my laptop can take anything from 110 - 250 volts, 50
to 60 Hz, so it would be no problem for me. Have a look on yours, it
might have a sticker that says what it can handle. If not, read the manual
for your laptop.

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 14:00:26 +0100, JB wrote:
Hi All,

I'm off to the USA tomorrow and am thinking about taking my laptop, mobile
phone and PDA with me but am worried that the electrical supply may damage
my equipment.

I know you can buy adapters that convert from UK plugs to USA plugs but do I
need something to convert the actual electrical supply?

Anyone who can help with this?

Thanks in advance,

JB

Simon June 23rd 03 03:15 PM

The US system is around 110 volts, isn't it? So your adapter for the
phone may be a problem. I have an Evo N1015v as well, and that should
work just fine.

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 15:05:41 +0100, JB wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I now feel a bit more confident!

My exact hardware is as follows:

Compaq iPAQ 3760
Compaq Evo N1015v
Siemens S55

I will check the PDA and Laptop when I get home but the phone adapter says:
230V~ 0.3A 50/60Hz - 5V _ 0.4A.

Cheers,

JB