HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Understanding BIOS settings on ASUS motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=5133)

Charles June 13th 04 06:29 PM

Understanding BIOS settings on ASUS motherboards

I just bought an ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard and tried to understand
the BIOS settings reading ASUS user's manual, and web site, but still,
there many things settings that I don't know exactly what they exactly
mean. Is there a web site that explains technically these settings in
details?
Thanks,
Charles.

Apollo June 13th 04 07:32 PM

"Charles" wrote in message
I just bought an ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard and tried to understand
the BIOS settings reading ASUS user's manual, and web site, but still,
there many things settings that I don't know exactly what they exactly
mean. Is there a web site that explains technically these settings in
details?
Thanks,
Charles.

Hi Charles,

Quite a good guide here, not Asus specific, but still very comprehensive.
http://www.rojakpot.com/
Look in the Bios Opt. Guide section.

HTH

--
Ian

CK June 13th 04 10:46 PM

I just bought an ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard and tried to understand
the BIOS settings reading ASUS user's manual, and web site, but still,
there many things settings that I don't know exactly what they exactly
mean. Is there a web site that explains technically these settings in
details?
Thanks,
Charles.

Hi Charles,

Quite a good guide here, not Asus specific, but still very comprehensive.
http://www.rojakpot.com/
Look in the Bios Opt. Guide section.

This (http://arstechnica.com/guide/building/bios/bios-1.html) is another
good one. Again, general rather than specific to Asus.

HTH

CK