HardwareBanter

-   Overclocking AMD Processors (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   K7T PRO Version 1 Motherboard, KT133 & AMD (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=8385)

Chris H January 20th 04 07:00 PM

K7T PRO Version 1 Motherboard, KT133 & AMD

New to this group, so apologies if you have seen this question before..

I have an MSI mainboard (K7T Pro), the BIOS allows selection of 66, 100 or
133 FSB speed. I am looking to upgrade my processor which is an AMD Duron
850 MHz.

All advertised AMD CPU's appear to be 233MHz FSB as minimum, does this mean
my motherboard will not support this FSB? If so what is my best processor
upgrade option?

Thanks in advance. Chris.

Wes Newell January 20th 04 08:46 PM

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 19:00:54 +0000, Chris H wrote:

New to this group, so apologies if you have seen this question before..

I have an MSI mainboard (K7T Pro), the BIOS allows selection of 66, 100 or
133 FSB speed. I am looking to upgrade my processor which is an AMD Duron
850 MHz.

Assuming this has the KT133 (non A) chipset, the 133MHz won't work. Bug in
chipset.

All advertised AMD CPU's appear to be 233MHz FSB as minimum, does this
mean my motherboard will not support this FSB? If so what is my best
processor upgrade option?

Actually, all AMD K7 cpu's are spec'd to run on a FSB as slow as 50MHz
and a max of 200MHz for 400FSB models. See link below for the info you
need. If you still have questions, ask.