HardwareBanter

-   Homebuilt PC's (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Newbie Question - What type of memory? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=15002)

bluestringer July 14th 03 12:45 PM

"Token" :7501 wrote in message

I plan on building my first computer soon. One question I had was should I
put in a premium memory like Corsair XM or since I won't be overclocking
or anything should I just use something like Crucial?
Any other suggestions on what I might like to add/delete to my system are
greatly appreciated.
TIA for any help provided.

News==----

Newsgroups

=---

Corsair makes cheaper versions other than the XM. It is quite good. Crucial
is also good, so either one would do.

bluestringer

John Smith July 14th 03 03:36 PM

You won't go wrong with either one but you better make sure that your
motherboard is compatible with them. Although they work fine either or for
performance i would check your manual.

joseph

Pen July 14th 03 03:41 PM

Go with Crucial, since it's guaranteed to meet specs. The high
priced stuff is only called for if you're planning to overclock
and push things to the limit, where it is more likely to over
achieve.

"Token" :7501 wrote in message

I plan on building my first computer soon. One question I had was

should I
put in a premium memory like Corsair XM or since I won't be

overclocking
or anything should I just use something like Crucial?
Any other suggestions on what I might like to add/delete to my

system are
greatly appreciated.
TIA for any help provided.

News==----
100,000 Newsgroups
---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via

Encryption =---