HardwareBanter

-   Scanners (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Omnipage Pro 11 Error Message: Failed to update the system registry. Please try using Regedit. (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=124420)

[email protected] April 3rd 06 09:00 PM

Omnipage Pro 11 Error Message: Failed to update the system registry. Please try using Regedit.

After installing Omnipage Pro 11 on my new PC, when I started Omnipage
Pro 11 I got the error message "Failed to update the system registry.
Please try using Regedit."

I solved this by editing the registry:

- run regedit
- navigate to "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Omnipage.Document"
- right click on it, and select Permissions
- select your userid from the first table (you may have to add your
userid - I just selected Administrators instead because my WinXP userid
has admin rights)
- tick "Allow - Full Control"
- select Apply then OK

Hope that helps someone, someday...