HardwareBanter

-   Overclocking (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS question? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=150810)

P G May 15th 07 02:42 PM

Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS question?

In the new pc I have just built, I have a Nvidia GeForce 8800GTS (320Mb)
GFX card (PCI-E) from overclockers.com

What sort of core clock and memory speeds are other users of this card
using?

My stock speeds are 513 / 792

I have already successfully got the card running at 600 / 900 without
any artifacts or major increase in temps.

But I'd like to know what others have achieved to see what I can aim for.

ISTR reading somewhere that with these cards you have to keep the core
clock speed and the memory clock speed in a ratio of 2:3, is this correct?

Thanx

P G May 15th 07 05:35 PM

Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS question?

Bad form to reply to ones own message, but thought it might help others.

Regarding my Nvidia 8800 GTS (420mb) GFX card...

I've now tested the pc several times using 3DMark06 and could not
complete the tests at 600 / 900

Have now settled on 570 / 860 (stock settings are 513 / 792) as it
passes the test fine (several times) with no probs. (Scoring around 9400)

Not the fastest pc in the world, but a lot faster than the stock speeds.

I'd still be interested to see what settings other users of these cards
are using though...

8-)

P G May 15th 07 05:36 PM

Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS question?

That should of course be 320mb and NOT 420mb... 8-)