HardwareBanter

-   AMD x86-64 Processors (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Upgrade (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=8670)

no to spam April 17th 04 01:14 AM

Upgrade

Hi I have a Ti4600 128Mb creative card in a 64 bit PC at the moment I
am looking to upgrade it what card are better then this please. I do
video editing manly I don't need a video impute as the mother board has
fire wire and I have a Dazzle Hollywood DV Bridge. I use the PC for the
net as well and for playing games. I want to know witch board model
numbers and make I should look out for as the prices of the currant
cards will come down soon now.

Thank you for your help
--
cyrus

Jason Cothran April 17th 04 03:00 AM

"no to spam" wrote in message
| Hi I have a Ti4600 128Mb creative card in a 64 bit PC at the moment I
| am looking to upgrade it what card are better then this please. I do
| video editing manly I don't need a video impute as the mother board has
| fire wire and I have a Dazzle Hollywood DV Bridge. I use the PC for the
| net as well and for playing games. I want to know witch board model
| numbers and make I should look out for as the prices of the currant
| cards will come down soon now.
|
| Thank you for your help
| --

Being a nVidia fan myself, it pains me to say this, but you may want to
check out the ATI 9800 pro or XT. I don't know what price range you are
looking to stay in, but they are very very nice. Most of them to have the DV
and/or TV in/out on them though. I know you said you don't need it, but its
hard to find a high end card now without it. I am also currently running a
Ti4600 (from the new defunct Visiontek), but will likely be jumping the
fence to ATI at my next upgrade unless nVidia wakes up.