HardwareBanter

-   -   NEW 939 BOARD UPGRADE TO KEEP 7800GS (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=124846)

Michelle Newman April 12th 06 08:53 AM

NEW 939 BOARD UPGRADE TO KEEP 7800GS

Sorry if this asked before but anyone experience of a 939 socket board from
any of the major manufacturers that still has agp so I can keep my newly
purchased 7800gs the bloody board fails 2 days after buying and I cant get
the shop to let me return it the NVIDIA card and go pci-e someone has
suggested Asrock 939Dual-SATA2 but I was hoping to stay with one of the big
well known makes and common chipsets thanks for advice

Bill April 12th 06 12:38 PM

NEW 939 BOARD UPGRADE TO KEEP 7800GS

In article ,
says...
Sorry if this asked before but anyone experience of a 939 socket board from
any of the major manufacturers that still has agp so I can keep my newly
purchased 7800gs the bloody board fails 2 days after buying and I cant get
the shop to let me return it the NVIDIA card and go pci-e someone has
suggested Asrock 939Dual-SATA2 but I was hoping to stay with one of the big
well known makes and common chipsets thanks for advice

Newegg says they have a dozen different ones, incuding the Asus A8V.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?
Description=&MinPrice=&MaxPrice=&OEMMark=-1&Manufactory=0&PropertyCodeValue=
709%3A7495&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0 &PropertyCodeValue=0
&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyC odeValue=734%3A7577
&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyC odeValue=0
&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyC odeValue=0
&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyC odeValue=0
&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyC odeValue=0
&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&Submit=Pr operty&SubCategory=22

or short version

http://makeashorterlink.com/?Q65E232FC

Bill
--
Gmail and Google Groups. This century's answer to AOL and WebTV.

Peter van der Goes April 12th 06 01:01 PM

NEW 939 BOARD UPGRADE TO KEEP 7800GS

"Michelle Newman" wrote in message
Sorry if this asked before but anyone experience of a 939 socket board
from any of the major manufacturers that still has agp so I can keep my
newly purchased 7800gs the bloody board fails 2 days after buying and I
cant get the shop to let me return it the NVIDIA card and go pci-e
someone has suggested Asrock 939Dual-SATA2 but I was hoping to stay with
one of the big well known makes and common chipsets thanks for advice

Asus A8V. 939 and AGP.

Conor April 12th 06 02:22 PM

NEW 939 BOARD UPGRADE TO KEEP 7800GS

In article , Michelle Newman
says...
Sorry if this asked before but anyone experience of a 939 socket board from
any of the major manufacturers that still has agp so I can keep my newly
purchased 7800gs the bloody board fails 2 days after buying and I cant get
the shop to let me return it the NVIDIA card and go pci-e someone has
suggested Asrock 939Dual-SATA2 but I was hoping to stay with one of the big
well known makes and common chipsets thanks for advice

Asrockis the budget arm of ASUS so in effect you are staying with one
of the big known names.

--
Conor,

Same ****, different day.

King Beowulf April 13th 06 03:49 AM

Michelle Newman wrote:
Sorry if this asked before but anyone experience of a 939 socket board from
any of the major manufacturers that still has agp so I can keep my newly
purchased 7800gs the bloody board fails 2 days after buying and I cant get
the shop to let me return it the NVIDIA card and go pci-e someone has
suggested Asrock 939Dual-SATA2 but I was hoping to stay with one of the big
well known makes and common chipsets thanks for advice

I'd go Gigabyte. Happy with ga-k8ns-939 I have and built a few game
rigs for some.

....waiting for 7800GS price to drop....

First of One April 13th 06 05:36 AM

NEW 939 BOARD UPGRADE TO KEEP 7800GS

Using a Soltek K8TPro-939, one of the least expensive S939 AGP boards in
existance. It's very stable and performs as well as any other board. It
doesn't have a bulky parallel port, which may or may not be a good thing
depending on what peripherals you have.

Victor Hall April 15th 06 03:45 AM

NEW 939 BOARD UPGRADE TO KEEP 7800GS

Sorry if this asked before but anyone experience of a 939 socket board
from
any of the major manufacturers that still has agp so I can keep my newly
purchased 7800gs the bloody board fails 2 days after buying and I cant get
the shop to let me return it the NVIDIA card and go pci-e someone has
suggested Asrock 939Dual-SATA2 but I was hoping to stay with one of the
big
well known makes and common chipsets thanks for advice

Go with the Asrock.Lots of happy customers at Newegg and mine runs 24/7 for
over 6 months.Only shutdown to dust the fans and heatsink.I believe their
made by or owned by Asus