HardwareBanter

-   -   !!! CHIEFTEC CASE power button warning !!! (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=128994)

Skybuck Flying June 14th 06 04:56 AM

!!! CHIEFTEC CASE power button warning !!!

Hello,

For some reason my card reader is not working.

I have been having some problems with the power button of this CHIEFTEC
case.

When I try to turn on the power button it sometimes hangs a bit and I notice
how the lights flicker ?!

I hope this sticky power button does not DAMAGE my 5000 euro costing PC
because that would suck BIG.

So I thought some early warnings might be in place ;)

For now I have a year long of garanty etc...

If anything dies I think I'll be ok ;)

Bye,
Skybuck.

Phil Weldon June 14th 06 05:05 AM

'Skybuck Flying' wrote, in part:
| For some reason my card reader is not working.
_____

Have you emptied the chad box?

Phil Weldon

. nl...

Skybuck Flying June 14th 06 05:22 AM

!!! CHIEFTEC CASE power button warning !!!

"Phil Weldon" wrote in message
ink.net...
'Skybuck Flying' wrote, in part:
| For some reason my card reader is not working.
_____

Have you emptied the chad box?

If you joking then **** off this is way to serious ;)

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying June 14th 06 05:30 AM

!!! CHIEFTEC CASE power button warning !!!

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
. nl...

"Phil Weldon" wrote in message
ink.net...
'Skybuck Flying' wrote, in part:
| For some reason my card reader is not working.
_____

Have you emptied the chad box?

If you joking then **** off this is way to serious ;)

I shall explain further in case this could cause damage.

The button is a round button which is very common in cases nowadays.

I never really had problems with those kind of buttons.

However this case has a round button which can be pushed side ways or
diagonal inwards a bit.

So the button gets skewed etc... and rubs against the mounting etc... making
it stick.

So then you have to push it inwards again to get it out.

So that could cause on/off/on/off flicker and possible damage.

Doesn't sound to good to me.

The good old off/on switch worked best... however it happened once that I
accidently kicked the pc off :)

So a door can prevent that :)

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying June 14th 06 05:58 AM

"DRS" wrote in message
"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
. nl
"Phil Weldon" wrote in message
ink.net...
'Skybuck Flying' wrote, in part:
For some reason my card reader is not working.
_____

Have you emptied the chad box?

If you joking then **** off this is way to serious ;)

It was an extremely witty way of saying you are an idiot.

It's the idiot calling me an idiot eh ;)

Be gone.

Bye,
Skybuck =D

David Maynard June 14th 06 06:38 AM

Phil Weldon wrote:
'Skybuck Flying' wrote, in part:
| For some reason my card reader is not working.
_____

Have you emptied the chad box?

Who's Chad and why is he dangling?

Phil Weldon June 14th 06 07:00 AM

"David Maynard" wrote in message
| Phil Weldon wrote:
| 'Skybuck Flying' wrote, in part:
| | For some reason my card reader is not working.
| _____
|
| Have you emptied the chad box?
|
| Who's Chad and why is he dangling?
_____

Dangling Chad never made it to the Chad box!

Phil Weldon

Skybuck Flying June 14th 06 07:15 AM

"DRS" wrote in message
"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
. nl
"Phil Weldon" wrote in message
ink.net...
'Skybuck Flying' wrote, in part:
For some reason my card reader is not working.
_____

Have you emptied the chad box?

If you joking then **** off this is way to serious ;)

It was an extremely witty way of saying you are an idiot.

It's the idiot calling me an idiot eh ;)

Be gone.

You first.

This is my thread.

If you don't like it just **** off ;)

Bye,
Skybuck =D

DRS June 14th 06 10:28 AM

!!! CHIEFTEC CASE power button warning !!!

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
. nl

[...]

This is my thread.