HardwareBanter

-   AMD x86-64 Processors (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   athlonxp 3200 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=8846)

aws August 20th 04 12:08 AM

athlonxp 3200

can someone tell me why my new xp3200+ keeps rebooting. i have a decent
cooler and 512 pc3200.
asrock k7s8x m/b
thanks in advance
andy

Wes Newell August 20th 04 05:40 AM

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 00:08:13 +0100, aws wrote:

can someone tell me why my new xp3200+ keeps rebooting. i have a decent
cooler and 512 pc3200.
asrock k7s8x m/b

At what cpu and ram settings?
What cooler?
What are the temps?
What PSU?

JasonB August 20th 04 12:32 PM

aws wrote:
can someone tell me why my new xp3200+ keeps rebooting. i have a decent
cooler and 512 pc3200.
asrock k7s8x m/b
thanks in advance
andy

First thing to check is that you've got the Cooler on the right way round.

I had a similar problem with an Athlon XP 2500+ system I put together
for my Parents and initially it rebooted every 5-10 minutes.

If your cooler isn't sitting square no the CPU then it simple won't
dissapate the heat and the Thermal cut out on the mainboard will reboot
the system.
--
JasonB

To reply, replace nospam4me with blueyonder

General Schvantzkoph August 20th 04 01:39 PM

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 00:08:13 +0100, aws wrote:

can someone tell me why my new xp3200+ keeps rebooting. i have a decent
cooler and 512 pc3200.
asrock k7s8x m/b
thanks in advance
andy

Have you run memtest86?

rstlne August 20th 04 02:26 PM

"aws" wrote in message
can someone tell me why my new xp3200+ keeps rebooting. i have a decent
cooler and 512 pc3200.
asrock k7s8x m/b
thanks in advance
andy

User Error I S'pect
The xp3200+ keeps rebooting, or the computer keeps rebooting, or the
computer shuts down, or windows keeps rebooting, or, or, or, or....

"you are ment for dell tech support" ;P