HardwareBanter

-   -   HDMI out (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=123290)

Bob March 24th 06 08:51 PM

HDMI out

My LCD TV has a HDMI connection. What video card would you
recommend for this set up (that I'm presently building)? Computer
is used primarily used for games & I'm looking for around $300,
256mb.

Antec case: SLK 1650B 64.95

Power: Antec 350W Smart Power w/case

M/B: Asus A8N-E 104.95

CPU: AMD 4200 DUAL 359.95

CD & DVD Drive: Lite-On 52x32x52,

16x DVD ROM. Model,

SOHC-5236V06C 44.95

2 - 3" fan Thermaltake
11.95

Display: Sony LCD TV - KDL-V32XBR1

____________Still To Buy ____________

WD80 8Meg 7200
54.95

Ram: 2 - 1Meg sticks
?

Logitech MX3000 wireles K'bd/Mouse 79.95

Nvidra XFX 7800GT ???? 298.95

Saitek Flightstick X52
100.00

Robert Hancock April 1st 06 08:25 PM

HDMI out

Half_Light wrote:
On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 20:51:28 GMT, "Bob" wrote:

My LCD TV has a HDMI connection. What video card would you
recommend for this set up (that I'm presently building)? Computer
is used primarily used for games & I'm looking for around $300,
256mb.

There is no video card that is HDMI compliant. Wait 'til the summer
sometime.

That depends what you mean. Any video card that has DVI out should work
with HDMI with an adapter or cable. However, no video card is presently
HDCP capable, which is what you would need to play back encrypted
content from HD-DVD or Blu-ray discs through your computer.

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from