HardwareBanter

-   Ati Videocards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Catalyst v4.12 Adds Unwanted Link in Windows Explorer "File" Menu (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=48504)

John Miller January 14th 05 09:05 PM

Catalyst v4.12 Adds Unwanted Link in Windows Explorer "File" Menu

My apologies if this ends up being a duplicate post, but my last attempts didn't appear to succeed.

I just downloaded and installed the new drivers and Catalyst v4.12 for my 9800XT. It placed a link to Catalyst at the top of the "File" pull-down menu in Windows Explorer. Talk about arrogance. Anybody know how to get rid of it?

Thanks.

- John

Bratboy January 14th 05 10:15 PM

"John Miller" wrote in message
m...
My apologies if this ends up being a duplicate post, but my last attempts
didn't appear to succeed.

I just downloaded and installed the new drivers and Catalyst v4.12 for my
9800XT. It placed a link to Catalyst at the top of the "File" pull-down
menu in Windows Explorer. Talk about arrogance. Anybody know how to get
rid of it?

Thanks.

- John

Q) I don't like the Control Center entry in the context-menu of the desktop
A) how to remove it, without screwing around in registry:
Go to Start|Run... Then type in:
regsvr32 /U "C:\Programme\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\atiacmxx.dll" and ENTER.
You have to adjust the path to the dll, of course.
(for usa systems its more likely regsvr32 /U "C:\Program files\ATI
Technologies\ATI.ACE\atiacmxx.dll" )

John Miller January 17th 05 05:23 PM

Bratboy -

Thanks!

Kinda makes me wonder why ATI sent me a lengthy, generic, and totally
non-responsive reply to my request for help from them, when the answer was
so straightforward.

- John

. com...