HardwareBanter

-   -   mode change/monitor "degauss" effect after installing nvidia drivers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=52257)

CheshireCat December 11th 03 07:37 PM

mode change/monitor "degauss" effect after installing nvidia drivers

Ive just installed the same nvidia gforce download file on 2 different pcs
after complete pc rebuilds.
One is running a gforce3 on XP, the other a gforce 4 ti600
Whenever I right click on the tray icon, or attempt to change a setting in
the video properties window, the monitor appears to attmept to change video
mode or degauss (sorry, Ive no idea how you spell that word) the monitor. A
definate click is heard in the monitor.
I never had this problem before installing this software, and their site is
the only source for my drivers.
Has anyone else had the problem?

B December 11th 03 09:42 PM

You say you have 2 systems. Are both monitors affected and if so are they
both the same model and make? Other than the video cards are the internal
components identical?

regards

CheshireCat December 12th 03 11:48 AM

"DaveW" wrote in message
With your particular older video cards, I hope you're using something like
the 45.23 driver.

Would you recommend avoiding later drivers than these?

Egil Solberg December 12th 03 02:34 PM

"CheshireCat" wrote in message
Ive just installed the same nvidia gforce download file on 2 different pcs
after complete pc rebuilds.
One is running a gforce3 on XP, the other a gforce 4 ti600
Whenever I right click on the tray icon, or attempt to change a setting in
the video properties window, the monitor appears to attmept to change

video
mode or degauss (sorry, Ive no idea how you spell that word) the monitor.

definate click is heard in the monitor.
I never had this problem before installing this software, and their site

is
the only source for my drivers.
Has anyone else had the problem?

Experienced that with my Ti4200 as well with 53.03. Very annoying behaviour.
Went back and will be staying with 45.23 as 3dMark dropped from 9600 to
8900.