HardwareBanter

-   -   stupid Geforce2 Q (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=55352)

David Fleischer October 3rd 04 09:12 PM

stupid Geforce2 Q

I'm having the darndest time figuring this out but maybe someone here can
tell me (or at least point me in the right direction!)
I have, in my computer, a Geforce2 MX 100/200.

A friend has offered me a Geforece2 MX Pine 32 mb w / TV out.

Having been out of the game for a bit I have no clue which card is better
and have run into a brick wall in trying to find the specs for either card.

Help!
Thanks,
David Fleischer

Phil October 3rd 04 09:50 PM

"David Fleischer" wrote in message
I'm having the darndest time figuring this out but maybe someone here can
tell me (or at least point me in the right direction!)
I have, in my computer, a Geforce2 MX 100/200.

A friend has offered me a Geforece2 MX Pine 32 mb w / TV out.

Having been out of the game for a bit I have no clue which card is better
and have run into a brick wall in trying to find the specs for either
card.

Help!
Thanks,
David Fleischer

Well Google suggests the Geforce 2 MX Pine is a GF2 MX200, so I should
imagine they're pretty much identical!

Biz October 3rd 04 10:00 PM

They are both GF2 MX cards, so the difference will be little to none. Those
cards are so old and slow they arent good for anything but doorstops anyway.
I still have one in one of my machines as well.

J. Clarke October 5th 04 02:42 PM

David Fleischer wrote:

I'm having the darndest time figuring this out but maybe someone here can
tell me (or at least point me in the right direction!)
I have, in my computer, a Geforce2 MX 100/200.

A friend has offered me a Geforece2 MX Pine 32 mb w / TV out.

Having been out of the game for a bit I have no clue which card is better
and have run into a brick wall in trying to find the specs for either
card.

If your current board does not have TV out and you want TV out then your
friend's board would be a worthwhile exchange. Otherwise there's not going
to be enough difference between them to justify the effort of swapping the
board, minimal though it may be.

Help!
Thanks,
David Fleischer