HardwareBanter

-   -   I hope nVIDIA and AMD will merge. (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=185318)

Maddoctor July 19th 10 04:09 PM

I hope nVIDIA and AMD will merge.

Because their aim is to take down Intel.

Jim[_31_] July 20th 10 05:36 AM

I hope nVIDIA and AMD will merge.

If you believe the rumors AMD wanted Nvidia instead of ATI but Jen-Hsun
Huang wanted to be CEO which Hector "the sector wreckor" Ruiz said no to.
Unless Larrabee ever comes out I doubt the DoJ would let such a merger
happen though counting intergrated gfx Intel is the largest so it could be
possible.
You would more likely see Nvidia merge with Via so Nvidia can make x86
processors.

Maddoctor July 22nd 10 05:11 AM

I hope nVIDIA and AMD will merge.

I think it is good thing if AMD wants some competition within its FUSION
APUs. AMD processors and nVIDIA GPUs on a chip while AMD has its own ATi
GPUs for APUs.