HardwareBanter

-   -   Probelms with SLI and DirectX (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=174290)

Kai Reichert December 17th 08 06:41 PM

Probelms with SLI and DirectX

Hi all
I am having problems getting any directX game to start with SLI enabled.
I do have two Nvidia 8800 GTX SLI boards on Windows XP SP3. When I disable
SLI everything works fine (of course without SLI), when SLI is enabled
dxdiag and every DirectX game claims that directX is not available.
I installed the very latest Nvidia drivers as well but no change.
Any clues ?

--
Kai Reichert

First of One[_2_] December 18th 08 12:26 AM

Probelms with SLI and DirectX

1. After enabling SLI, are you rebooting before launching a game? In the old
days this was necessary.

2. Is this a new system build? Make sure SLI is enabled in BIOS (if there is
such a setting) or for an older board, the switch card is in the correct
orientation.

3. Use only one SLI bridge, even though each card has two connectors. See:
http://www.overdrivepc.com/images/8800sli.gif

4. Try installing the latest DX9.0c release (Nov. 2008).