HardwareBanter

-   -   Nvidia Viewsonic Problem (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=173558)

Don[_14_] November 15th 08 09:35 PM

Nvidia Viewsonic Problem

I am running a Windows XP Pro machine with an Intel motherboard. I have a
Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT video card and a Viewsonic VP2330wb flat panel
monitor. When I was using an ATI video card, I could run the resolution at
1920*1200. But with the Nvidia, if I try and run the monitor at that
resolution the text is fuzzy and mostly illegible. Everything is fine if I
back down the resolution to 1600*1200. I've just upgraded the software to
version 178.24 but nothing has changed. Does anyone have any idea what is
going on? And is there any way to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Augustus[_3_] November 15th 08 10:06 PM

Nvidia Viewsonic Problem

"Don" wrote in message
I am running a Windows XP Pro machine with an Intel motherboard. I have a
Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT video card and a Viewsonic VP2330wb flat panel
monitor. When I was using an ATI video card, I could run the resolution at
1920*1200. But with the Nvidia, if I try and run the monitor at that
resolution the text is fuzzy and mostly illegible. Everything is fine if I
back down the resolution to 1600*1200. I've just upgraded the software to
version 178.24 but nothing has changed. Does anyone have any idea what is
going on? And is there any way to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Native resolution for this monitor is 1920x1200 at 60Hz and it should look
just fine on a 9600GT at this resolution. Do you have the refresh rate set
at 60Hz? Are the *.inf files for the monitor installed?

Don[_14_] November 15th 08 11:52 PM

Nvidia Viewsonic Problem

"Augustus" wrote in message

"Don" wrote in message
I am running a Windows XP Pro machine with an Intel motherboard. I have a
Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT video card and a Viewsonic VP2330wb flat panel
monitor. When I was using an ATI video card, I could run the resolution
at 1920*1200. But with the Nvidia, if I try and run the monitor at that
resolution the text is fuzzy and mostly illegible. Everything is fine if
I back down the resolution to 1600*1200. I've just upgraded the software
to version 178.24 but nothing has changed. Does anyone have any idea what
is going on? And is there any way to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Native resolution for this monitor is 1920x1200 at 60Hz and it should look
just fine on a 9600GT at this resolution. Do you have the refresh rate set
at 60Hz? Are the *.inf files for the monitor installed?

It is running at 60 hertz. Where should I look for the inf files for the
monitor?

Augustus[_3_] November 16th 08 12:14 AM

Nvidia Viewsonic Problem

It is running at 60 hertz. Where should I look for the inf files for the
monitor?

On the CD that was supplied with the monitor.....frequently called monitor
"drivers" by some. If you don't have the CD you can d/l them from Viewsonic
directly. You should have crystal clear text and images....

deimos[_2_] November 16th 08 05:52 AM

Nvidia Viewsonic Problem

Don wrote:
I am running a Windows XP Pro machine with an Intel motherboard. I have
a Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT video card and a Viewsonic VP2330wb flat panel
monitor. When I was using an ATI video card, I could run the resolution
at 1920*1200. But with the Nvidia, if I try and run the monitor at that
resolution the text is fuzzy and mostly illegible. Everything is fine
if I back down the resolution to 1600*1200. I've just upgraded the
software to version 178.24 but nothing has changed. Does anyone have
any idea what is going on? And is there any way to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Which brand 9600GT are you using? 2d image quality is mostly up to
whether the vendor decided to use good components (reference board
specs) or bought some cheap crap. Even if you're using DVI (which you
should be), I've seen some cards that are actually sharper than others
over DVI/HDMI (even though they should be both exactly the same).