HardwareBanter

-   -   How do I get my NVIDIA system tray back in my Windows XP? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=173430)

Ant November 10th 08 10:43 AM

How do I get my NVIDIA system tray back in my Windows XP?

Hi.

Rarely, my explorer.exe will crash and relaunch. However, I lose my
NVIDIA system tray icon. Is there a way to get the icon back without
rebooting or logging off/on? I tried NVIDIA's control panel - View menu
- "Show Notification Tray Icon" option, but that didn't work. :(

Thank you in advance. :)
--
"In every enemy that is an ant, behold an elephant." --Turkish
/\___/\
\ _ / Nuke ANT from e-mail address: NT
( ) or

Dastardly Dan November 12th 08 04:08 PM

How do I get my NVIDIA system tray back in my Windows XP?

"Ant" wrote in message
m...
Hi.

Rarely, my explorer.exe will crash and relaunch. However, I lose my NVIDIA
system tray icon. Is there a way to get the icon back without rebooting or
logging off/on? I tried NVIDIA's control panel - View menu - "Show
Notification Tray Icon" option, but that didn't work. :(

Thank you in advance. :)

It's probably the Nvidia tray applet and something else that is loaded that
is causing explorer to crash for some reason. Sort that out and you won't
need to find a way to manually start it. Type msconfig in the run box and
disable/enable items under the startup tab one at a time until explorer
stops crashing. Then you will have the culprit. Unless it is being caused by
a hardware issue, like flaky ram.

Ant November 12th 08 04:21 PM

How do I get my NVIDIA system tray back in my Windows XP?

On 11/12/2008 8:08 AM PT, Dastardly Dan typed:

Rarely, my explorer.exe will crash and relaunch. However, I lose my
NVIDIA system tray icon. Is there a way to get the icon back without
rebooting or logging off/on? I tried NVIDIA's control panel - View
menu - "Show Notification Tray Icon" option, but that didn't work. :(

Thank you in advance. :)

It's probably the Nvidia tray applet and something else that is loaded
that is causing explorer to crash for some reason. Sort that out and you
won't need to find a way to manually start it. Type msconfig in the run
box and disable/enable items under the startup tab one at a time until
explorer stops crashing. Then you will have the culprit. Unless it is
being caused by a hardware issue, like flaky ram.

It is not from NVIDIA. I just want to reshow the icon. That's all.
--
"I don't believe in evil, I believe only in horror. In nature there is
no evil, only an abundance of horror: the plagues and the blights and

Ant November 14th 08 02:19 AM

How do I get my NVIDIA system tray back in my Windows XP?

Does anyone know what process EXE file runs this system tray icon?

Ant wrote:
Hi.

Rarely, my explorer.exe will crash and relaunch. However, I lose my
NVIDIA system tray icon. Is there a way to get the icon back without
rebooting or logging off/on? I tried NVIDIA's control panel - View menu
- "Show Notification Tray Icon" option, but that didn't work. :(

Thank you in advance. :)

--
"I go out of my way to avoid stepping on ants." --Terry McGovern,
daughter of Senator George and Eleanor McGovern, subject of the book
\ _ / Please nuke ANT if replying by e-mail.
( )