HardwareBanter

-   -   GeForce 7950GT - the best brand? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=141077)

hj December 10th 06 05:55 PM

GeForce 7950GT - the best brand?

The GeForce 7950GT is available from several manufacturers:

XFX

EVGA

Asus

BFG

Gigabyte

PNY

Which manufacturer offers the most reliable card, warranty, support, etc...?

[email protected] December 11th 06 11:06 PM

hj wrote:
The GeForce 7950GT is available from several manufacturers:

XFX

EVGA

Asus

BFG

Gigabyte

PNY

Which manufacturer offers the most reliable card, warranty, support, etc...?

Well, eVGA does offer a lifetime warranty, and it allows overclocking
and replacing the heatsink (as long as you put it back to original for
RMA). They also have a trade-up program, which is nice if you don't
want to bother with having to sell your old card (I'm waiting on my
8800GTS now).

Kendt

johns December 11th 06 11:28 PM

GeForce 7950GT - the best brand?

Which manufacturer offers the most reliable card, warranty, support, etc...?

My BFG GF7900GTO has performed very well. I
originally bought from XFX, and they intentionally
ripped me off with a broken refurb, and then
charged me a restocking fee of 15% when I
returned the card for a refund. I was also told
by XFX tech support that I could have paid
extra to guarantee that the card was new
and working. In other words, there is a very
high probability that XFX will send you a
returned restock that they have never tested.
EVGA went through a period where they sent
out a lot of broken cards, but from what I hear,
they made good on all of them. Some guys
even got an upgrade as a replacement. BFG
and EVGA have so-called lifetime warrantys,
but I think that just means the standard 3 years
and they promise not to screw you out of it.
Most of the off-shore vendors have a one year
warranty .. if you registered the card ... and
if you have the original box ... with all the parts
.... and the card has not become "obsolete"
.... which means, they can't buy one either.

johns

DRS December 12th 06 06:14 AM

GeForce 7950GT - the best brand?

"johns" wrote in message
ps.com

[...]

even got an upgrade as a replacement. BFG
and EVGA have so-called lifetime warrantys,
but I think that just means the standard 3 years

A lifetime warranty is defined by law as 25 years where I live. :-)

Man-wai Chang December 12th 06 01:58 PM

hj wrote:
The GeForce 7950GT is available from several manufacturers:

XFX

EVGA

Asus

BFG

Gigabyte

PNY

Which manufacturer offers the most reliable card, warranty, support, etc...?

Find a Made-in-USA... XFX?

--
.~. Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY. http://www.linux-sxs.org
/( _ )\ (Ubuntu 6.10) Linux 2.6.19.1