HardwareBanter

-   Gateway Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   how to get restore cds? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=66566)

michael e dziatkowicz February 24th 05 02:18 AM

how to get restore cds?

I bought a 450sx laptop back in 2002. I got the extended warranty. My dad
bought it off of me last year. We moved and I can't find the restoration
cds. I called gateway and was told they trash the restore cds after 6
months.
How do I restore my laptop?
Can i get a copy of the restore cd's somewhere for future use?
or am i basically stuck using my windows home or pro i bought with my money
and calling microsoft to re-register it for the laptop (the computer i
originally put them on are no longer used by us).
thanks
mike

Jupiter Jones February 24th 05 03:47 AM

Ebay sometimes has them:
http://search.ebay.com/gateway-cd_Co...trypageZsearch

--
Jupiter Jones
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

TR February 24th 05 04:34 AM

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 21:18:31 -0500, "michael e dziatkowicz"
wrote:

I bought a 450sx laptop back in 2002.
Can i get a copy of the restore cd's somewhere for future use?

I have a Restoration CD for the 450 SX4 mike. I will be more than
glad to make a copy of it for you. Is your real
email address?

TR

michael e dziatkowicz February 24th 05 12:43 PM

wrote:

I bought a 450sx laptop back in 2002.
Can i get a copy of the restore cd's somewhere for future use?

I have a Restoration CD for the 450 SX4 mike. I will be more than
glad to make a copy of it for you. Is your real
email address?

TR

yes it is my real email address.

TR February 24th 05 05:36 PM

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 07:43:47 -0500, "michael e dziatkowicz"
wrote:

yes it is my real email address.

You've got mail.....

michael e dziatkowicz March 11th 05 06:28 PM

i tried emailing you my address but it was returned.