HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Memory question for Intel 865PERL (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=243)

grendel July 7th 03 03:48 AM

Memory question for Intel 865PERL

I can't seem to find the manual online but I'm thinking about getting this
motherboard from Intel. The main question I have is memory. Do I need 2
sticks of DDR 400 or can I just buy 1 512 Meg stick? I'm guessing this is a
Duak DDR board so I need 2 sticks but I'm not sure. Thanks.

steven67@ July 7th 03 04:56 AM

grendel wrote:

I can't seem to find the manual online but I'm thinking about getting this
motherboard from Intel. The main question I have is memory. Do I need 2
sticks of DDR 400 or can I just buy 1 512 Meg stick? I'm guessing this is a
Duak DDR board so I need 2 sticks but I'm not sure. Thanks.

..

Intel D865PERL support site:
http://support.intel.com/support/mot...ktop/d865perl/

You can use a single 512MB DIMM, but of course the board will only run in
single-channel mode. If you want the advantages of dual-channel mode, you will
need to install DIMMs in matched pairs.