HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   audio buzz (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=166312)

\\ March 15th 08 05:50 PM

audio buzz

Hello,
I have buyed a new pc with audio integrated on the motherboard.
In Windows XP, if I set the SoundMax Panel Control mixer settings
to capture from line in, or cd player, or mic in, I hear a buzz in
synchro with mouse movements (if I set stereo mixing, no - but how
to record?).
It is like scratching with the mouse.
Can this behavior considered normal or I should go to my vendor and
say to
change my motherboard?
Please do not reply me that this is not hardware to do recordings, I
know,
the only things I register are radio shows that my old pc handle in a
good way (however, separated audio card). Ah, my motherboard is
an Asus M2N.
Thanks a lot and excuse me to waste your time,
tano

Paul March 15th 08 10:26 PM

audio buzz

"" wrote:
Hello,
I have buyed a new pc with audio integrated on the motherboard.
In Windows XP, if I set the SoundMax Panel Control mixer settings
to capture from line in, or cd player, or mic in, I hear a buzz in
synchro with mouse movements (if I set stereo mixing, no - but how
to record?).
It is like scratching with the mouse.
Can this behavior considered normal or I should go to my vendor and
say to
change my motherboard?
Please do not reply me that this is not hardware to do recordings, I
know,
the only things I register are radio shows that my old pc handle in a
good way (however, separated audio card). Ah, my motherboard is
an Asus M2N.
Thanks a lot and excuse me to waste your time,
tano

If you are using the analog cable, leading to your CDROM drive,
you can disconnect that one and remove the CD analog cable
entirely. It may pick up electrical noise from inside the
computer. The computer can still play audio CDs, by means
of the ribbon cable, and digital transfer (DAE).

On your Mixer panel, in the recording section, mute any unused inputs.
Then try the Line_In test again.

Paul

\\ March 17th 08 05:54 PM

audio buzz

If you are using the analog cable, leading to your CDROM drive,
you can disconnect that one and remove the CD analog cable
entirely. It may pick up electrical noise from inside the
computer. The computer can still play audio CDs, by means
of the ribbon cable, and digital transfer (DAE).

Do you think it could be this?

On your Mixer panel, in the recording section, mute any unused inputs.
Then try the Line_In test again.

I can set up only one input at a time.
I should try.
Thanks,
tano

kony March 18th 08 08:21 AM

audio buzz

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 10:54:24 -0700 (PDT), "\"\""
wrote:

If you are using the analog cable, leading to your CDROM drive,
you can disconnect that one and remove the CD analog cable
entirely. It may pick up electrical noise from inside the
computer. The computer can still play audio CDs, by means
of the ribbon cable, and digital transfer (DAE).

Do you think it could be this?

No, but it's possible and easy enough for you to unplug the
cable if there's one installed, then see if it helped.

On your Mixer panel, in the recording section, mute any unused inputs.
Then try the Line_In test again.

I can set up only one input at a time.
I should try.

But, the others can be muted or not, usually.