HardwareBanter

-   Abit Motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   TV tuner with a GPU (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=183652)

mivpl March 24th 10 07:35 PM

TV tuner with a GPU

I was wondering if it would be posible to get a PCI TV tuner and install it while using a regular GPU?
Would it mess anything up? (BTW I have a 7800GT so switching to an ATi AIW isn't going to happen)

decklanstoddard April 10th 10 06:28 AM

TV tuner with a GPU

;897375']I was wondering if it would be posible to get a PCI TV tuner

--
mivpl

Yes,it is possible to installed the TV tuner in the regular GPU.I had
done into the Win98.It is very easy to installed.
Another I have a Pinnacle PCTV DVB-T PCI running with my 7600GT (AGP
version) and I've had no problems.

--
decklanstoddard

polardjohn April 30th 10 08:39 AM

TV tuner with a GPU

There are many reasons for choosing a combination HDTV Tuner and
Graphics Card. A single card alleviates much of the hassle when
searching for the right components, but that's not the only benefit by
far. With a single card, you won't spend as much, you'll be using less
power,

--
polardjohn