http://www.colomachine.com/Colomachine-52.htm

What will happen if I install a hyper-threading (HT) enabled P4 processor to
a non-HT supported motherboard? Will it burn? Thanks!

Wayne August 26th 04 01:48 AM

Looks like the mobo is only a 400?

System Bus 400MHz

DDR RAM

200/266 MHz

page 51 of the manual?

I would also worry about additional heat

it is not really a server mobo it has a game port!!!!!!!!

Wayne

wrote in message vers.com...
I bought a 1U server made by Colomachine (Model CM52 ) from eBay. I am
trying to upgrade the on-board P4 2.4GHz processor to a P4 3.06GHz processor
with hyper-threading. The motherboard used in the 1U server is made by
Gigabyte GA-8LD533(-P). I can't seem to find any information on
hyper-threading support for the Gigabyte board. I e-mailed the company
regarding to the upgrade. Their tech told me not to upgrade the processor.
Also, doing so will void the server's warranty.

Here is the information on the unit.