HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Problems creating bootable CD for DL320 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=58262)

Peter S November 3rd 03 12:40 PM

Problems creating bootable CD for DL320

I am trying to create a bootable cd to use on the DL320. The intention
is to boot into DOS, launch GHOST and restore a Linux Image. This
works with no problems on a number of IBM platforms, I create the CD
with Roxio using the make a bootable cd option, this is made from a
bootable floppy that works and boots properly on the DL320.

The problem occurs when I try to boot on the DL320 using the cd, it
begins to boot (Starting MS-DOS appears) the hangs after loading the
cd drivers, I guess it doesn't get past that in config.sys.

Can anyone help, do Compaq do something different that prevents normal
bootable cds working?

Thanks

Peter