HardwareBanter

-   -   Ge-force 4Ti or a FX5600 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=50660)

Andrew Poyser September 9th 03 05:33 PM

Ge-force 4Ti or a FX5600

Which one shall i go for? Then which one manufacturer ie gainward,asus or
another or shall i just go for a radeaon 9700pro

i play games like Flight sim 2k4 freelancer, doom3 (when i arrives) unreal
tourney 2003 and 2004 so i need a card which will be quick and give me lots
of eye candy but not to high priced (i know i m asking to much)

thanks inadvance =:-)

IgGy September 9th 03 10:15 PM

"The Robot" wrote in message
.. .

as it's the only FX card
faster than a 4Ti.

OK... and what about FX 5900 Ultra?:-)))

Cheers,
IgGy

Andrew Poyser September 10th 03 04:44 PM

I can rt afford the FX 5900 (i can but the misses will kill me) :)

I ve just seen a radeon 9700 pro are they any good?

"IgGy" wrote in message
"The Robot" wrote in message
.. .

as it's the only FX card
faster than a 4Ti.

OK... and what about FX 5900 Ultra?:-)))

Cheers,
IgGy

September 10th 03 08:01 PM

OK... and what about FX 5900 Ultra?:-)))

Doh! (Reminder to Self: engage brain before typing post)

Chimera September 11th 03 04:38 AM

Andrew Poyser wrote:
I can rt afford the FX 5900 (i can but the misses will kill me) :)

I ve just seen a radeon 9700 pro are they any good?

they are indeed good. Depends who you ask whether they are better or worse
than nVidia offerings, but for certain they are better bang for buck

cookiemonster[MoA] September 11th 03 05:26 AM

i run a ABIT Ti4600 card and i play UT2003 and it runs great with all
settings set to the highest.
cookiemonster[MoA]
My System Is:
ABIT KR7A-133R Motherboard BIOS Version CX
AMD ATHLON XP2400+ Processor
512MB PC2100 DDR RAM
Western Digital Caviar Special Edition 8M Cache-Ultra-ATA/100 40gig 7200 RPM
Harddrive
ABIT SILURO GeFORCE 4 Ti4600 AGP Video Card -Driver Version 31.40
SOUND BLASTER X-GAMER Sound Card
450w Enermax Power Supply
WNDOWS 98 SE
DirectX 8.1b