HardwareBanter

-   Homebuilt PC's (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Sickness strikes again (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=199578)

Flasherly[_2_] May 17th 19 01:03 AM

Sickness strikes again

Found an interesting DAC.

https://headfonics.com/2016/12/the-adi-2-pro-by-rme/

I'm running up to a possible only a 1/18 to 3/9 sample rate of WASAPI
384Khz, and it would take an Apple to double that. Good Sol Apple
strikes again.

Problem is a spare couple of thousand dollars, so looking for it to go
on sale for $20. (I might seriously consider the non-pro model for
$100, provided the front panel feature links (parametric EQ and such)
weren't curtailed.)

My idea modern stuff I've experienced for inroads, for all its
advancements, craps out too soon from basic power supply design
deficiency issues and such.

Japanese chipped ADI-2, FWIW: Everybody wants at least 64-times audio
sampling rates, I guess. to adjust for quantization artifacts to
aliasing in the high-frequency delta-sigma ADC domain.

Kits may be an interesting alternative outlay, notably when they gain
cost value at production weight according to marketing significance
and popularity.

But I'm done spending money. A $2000 DAC ... naaaghhh.

Shadow[_2_] May 18th 19 01:55 PM

Sickness strikes again

On Thu, 16 May 2019 20:03:23 -0400, Flasherly
wrote:

[...]

Hope you (or is it a family member?) have a speedy recovery.
(I didn't understand the medical description you used, sorry)
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012

Flasherly[_2_] May 18th 19 04:26 PM

Sickness strikes again

On Sat, 18 May 2019 09:55:11 -0300, Shadow wrote:

Hope you (or is it a family member?) have a speedy recovery.
(I didn't understand the medical description you used, sorry)

-
I was apprised and instructed earlier, of stages of its symptoms,
through someone experienced with a patient ravaged from advanced
stages. A nominal pathology to exceptions among acute developmental
degeneration of the audio faculties.

I don't what sources that particular specimen had previously indulged,
when brought to my attention, but it would seem he'd spent vast sums
of money, in some exclusive capacity, to have garner the perception of
indulged a long course of excesses accumulating advanced audio
equipment.

Nothing of this patient's residual state contained viable
significance, of course, once he was recognized no longer fit for
contemporary regard and capacity and fit for redemption. All of his
audio equipment was exultingly placed before a social reductionism and
auctioned, for due judgment and worth regarded at pennies on the
dollar.

The technological impetus remains, I must therefore most heartily
concur, is at best suspect and, for the most, effectively a benign
one.

The DACs are redactional for some significant offset as commonplace
to broadcast BoobieTubies(TM), and for all appearances is not largely
significant over a course of two years I've been using them,
otherwise, in my present capacity. As is the rest of the gear to be
perceived largely abstracted mechanisms culled from deep sales, not to
exclude in some cases prior and used material.

The Butterworth filters, et al, would further seem to have helped
alleviate the condition from pathology common to exceptions among
acute developmental degeneration of the audio faculties. The suspect
filters are freeware mechanisms, in this case, based on extant design
technology in electronic engineering that dates back seventy years,
for a fundamental resonance among [to Nyquist Theorem Criterion for
Contained Systems] both among audio fidelity and present computer
applications. In counterpart entirely retractable to other words, for
a placebo mechanism BrickWall filters invoke, among similar constructs
displayed on the pretty $2000US LCD screen to an aforementioned DAC
link provided.

I hope this adequately helps to clear a matter of residual concerns to
your satisfaction.

Flasherly[_2_] May 18th 19 05:07 PM

Sickness strikes again

On Sat, 18 May 2019 11:26:28 -0400, Flasherly
wrote:

Postscript - Another DAC I just received, I'm awaiting resolution on
its unacceptable functionality. It is within a feasible contingent, I
may possibly pursue this course further, to at some future point
operate and attempt to restore faulty signal-processing pathology it
exhibits.

I suspect I will then consider applying any funds received, should
there be in form of restitution for my services, to another
[functional] unit purchase.

That will make me accountable for my forth, unless I'm mistaken and
this is possibly my fifth purchased DAC unit, among excursions of
interest in disparate DAC facilities used among chipsets presently
being interjected into a world aftermarket:

The specifics to this particular case study may, at your discretion,
be referenced to the New England firm and the engineers supplying
them:

DAC8413 Datasheet and Product Info | Analog Devices
https://www.analog.com/en/products/dac8413.html
The DAC8412/DAC8413 are quad, 12-bit voltage output DACs with readback
capability. Built using a complementary BiCMOS process, these
monolithic DACs offer the user very high package density.

(I've the rectangular unit, among logical similarities applicable for
prototype mounting, which is conceivable at some extremity fit to
manual solder.)

Shadow[_2_] May 18th 19 07:09 PM

Sickness strikes again

wrote:

On Sat, 18 May 2019 09:55:11 -0300, Shadow wrote:

Hope you (or is it a family member?) have a speedy recovery.
(I didn't understand the medical description you used, sorry)

-
I was apprised and instructed earlier, of stages of its symptoms,
through someone experienced with a patient ravaged from advanced
stages. A nominal pathology to exceptions among acute developmental
degeneration of the audio faculties.

I don't what sources that particular specimen had previously indulged,
when brought to my attention, but it would seem he'd spent vast sums
of money, in some exclusive capacity, to have garner the perception of
indulged a long course of excesses accumulating advanced audio
equipment.

I hope this adequately helps to clear a matter of residual concerns to
your satisfaction.

Have you, I mean, your friend tried a high end hearing aid ?
Is the problem neurological or mechanical ( exempli gratia a
cholesteatoma)?
[]'s

Flasherly[_2_] May 18th 19 11:24 PM

Sickness strikes again

On Sat, 18 May 2019 15:09:26 -0300, Shadow wrote:

Have you, I mean, your friend tried a high end hearing aid ?

That would be usual of $75-150 tickets for 2nd-tier performance
seating among those whom cannot now command more exorbitant
reservations, they once did, within their own youth while "on the
charts." I'm as much in a reserve of traditionalists, to as easily,
as not, prudently excuse myself and defer to capacity sight-reading
affords from select instrumental works transposed into PDF. The
Fantasia, Menuett, Valse, Bourree, and Variations and Transcriptions
therein within;- a somewhat more select crowd no doubt to that
particular cloud lining;- yet, no less with heartfelt blessing to
those pointed little souls whose self-sustained efforts placed these
lost master "blasts from a past", a somewhat specialized certainty of
bygone times, now within a public domain of PDF.

DC++ CLASSICAL COMMUNITY PRIVATE HUB