HardwareBanter

-   Homebuilt PC's (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   xkcd: XKeyboarCD (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=199576)

Torbjorn Lindgren May 16th 19 01:21 PM

xkcd: XKeyboarCD

Lynn McGuire wrote:
xkcd: XKeyboarCD
https://www.xkcd.com/2150/
I have been wondering when someone was going to put emoji keys on a
keyboard.

https://www.engadget.com/2015/11/04/...rd-emojiworks/

Looks like they (so far) only done a limited run of these, they're all
now "currently unavailable". I suspect there's not enough demand
(sanity prevails!).

There's also silicone overlay/covers for specific keyboards which when
combined with custom software gives a somewhat similar effect, it's
not as good (harder to trigger the switch) but on the other hand is
way cheaper ($10-$20).