HardwareBanter

-   Asus Motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   A7N8X Optional USB cable part no.? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=27695)

Scarletdown October 19th 03 05:24 AM

A7N8X Optional USB cable part no.?

jy wrote in
:

It is just a cable with a bracket from header USB56. Shown in
manual as item 4 on page 1-14.

I already have one for a Soltek MB but each mfg. is different
and I dont know why Asus doesnt show them on accessory page.

thanks...john

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 07:09:22 -0300, jy
wrote:

Does anyone know what the part number or ID is for the optional
USB cable. I just asked where I bought the board(NCIX) and there
response was as follows....

"We don't stock this item. I was unable to find this listed on
the Asus website"

I cant find any reference to it anywhere.

I have a spare one of these. If you are interested, send an email my
way and we can work out the details. This came with my A7N8X board
that I ordered from NewEgg. However, the case that I bought for my
motherboard has a couple USB ports on the front and the cables to
connect them to the board; so I don't need this one.

Here's a pic of it:

http://webpages.charter.net/scarletd.../USB-Cable.JPG

(Okay, the picture was more to show off the really cool case I picked
up for $85 a few days ago... :p ) The only thing I needed off the
buttplate was the joystick port, which is now attached to the
appropriate opening on the back of the case. If you need one of
those, I can pull one off of one of the many old decommissioned
systems I have here and attach it to the USB/JS plate.

So, as I said, if you still need one of these, send an email my way.

(Spamfoil in place. Lift MYTAILFEATHERS to reply via email.)