HardwareBanter

-   -   Sweet spot drivers for GTS 250 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=192539)

[email protected] January 1st 13 12:11 PM

Sweet spot drivers for GTS 250

Hi, I'm running the GeForce GTS 250 with driver 129.573 and primarily
run PaintShop Pro and Flight Sim FSX. Recently there have been issues
with corrupt display in the way PSP14 renders images.. like a partial
JPG rendering.

FSX runs fine with the help of nHancer 2.5.9

What can I do to set-up PSP to run the best with GTS 250? Which driver
for Xp Pro? Nobody in the PSP forum comments on driver settings for PSP.
PSP15 trial was a flop due to video corruption and problems with Flash
Player integration.

-Ed

Fierce Guppy[_4_] February 13th 13 04:26 AM

wrote in message ...

Hi, I'm running the GeForce GTS 250 with driver 129.573 and primarily
run PaintShop Pro and Flight Sim FSX. Recently there have been issues
with corrupt display in the way PSP14 renders images.. like a partial
JPG rendering.

FSX runs fine with the help of nHancer 2.5.9

What can I do to set-up PSP to run the best with GTS 250? Which driver
for Xp Pro? Nobody in the PSP forum comments on driver settings for PSP.
PSP15 trial was a flop due to video corruption and problems with Flash
Player integration.

-Ed

I have an MSI FX5900 Ultra in my XP machines. There's no support for it
after 173.16 so that is the driver I use. Your card is still supported so
you should be running the very latest WHQL driver which at the moment is
310.90. There's normally no sweet spot to be found in using some older
driver.

You only have to care about whether your XP is 32-bit or 64-bit, not whether
it is a Pro or Home or whatever edition. Assuming you have XP 32-bit then
you should download this driver:
http://www.geforce.co.uk/drivers/results/55247

Tony.