HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   BIOS ignoring video card - Compaq S5000J (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=58187)

Jeremiah M. Cook October 15th 03 01:32 AM

BIOS ignoring video card - Compaq S5000J

OK, I had to change the system BIOS settings in order to upgrade my
sound card - and now the damn video card doesn't work. It's an AGP
GeForce 5600 - and no matter what I do, I can't get it to use it.

It's nothing to do with the sound card, either - it does this same
degree of nothing, even when the sound card isn't there.

Calling HP/Compaq's no help, either - got three different people
playing "Pass the Buck" - and the website doesn't cover this model.

Did I just waste $700 on a flipping mistake, or is there something I
can do?