HardwareBanter

-   Asus Motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   PC-DL deluxe Xeon mobo pc2100 RAM? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=31397)

Don W. McCollough February 15th 04 11:49 AM

PC-DL deluxe Xeon mobo pc2100 RAM?

The online manual for the Asus PC-DL -Deluxe Dual Xeon mobo is in
chinese, so I'm asking this question here.

This mobo supports dual DDR333 PC2700 memory. I will be getting the
CPUs within a few days.

This mobo has two blue DIMM slots and two black DIMM slots.

Question: Will this mobo run with only one stick of memory or does it
require
two? I.e. does a mobo that supports Dual DDR333 require two sticks in
the appropriate slots to run?

Thank You!!!!!!!!

Don

Philip Callan February 15th 04 12:47 PM

R.H. \(Rick\) Mason February 15th 04 12:52 PM

"Don W. McCollough" wrote in message
The online manual for the Asus PC-DL -Deluxe Dual Xeon mobo is in
chinese, so I'm asking this question here ...

Go here to D/L english-language manual:

http://www.asus.com.tw/support/downl...&l3_id=4&m_id=
1&f_name=e1395_pc-dl_deluxe.zip~zaqwedc

(long URL may have 'wrapped' - last chars are ~zaqwedc )

Rick.

Don W. McCollough February 15th 04 10:59 PM

Philip Callan wrote in message news:CTJXb.510678$X%5.369305@pd7tw2no...

Don W. McCollough wrote:

| The online manual for the Asus PC-DL -Deluxe Dual Xeon mobo is in
| chinese, so I'm asking this question here.

Okay, your asking, but there is a english version available he

http://usa.asus.com/support/download...PC-DL%20Deluxe

Click on the tab that says 'Manual' then its the THIRD one down with the
filename that is e1395_pc-dl_deluxe.zip

Choose the GLOBAL site, not USA for dl, something is broke at the usa site.

| This mobo supports dual DDR333 PC2700 memory. I will be getting the
| CPUs within a few days.
|
| This mobo has two blue DIMM slots and two black DIMM slots.
|
| Question: Will this mobo run with only one stick of memory or does it
| require
| two?

The board will run with a single stick, you just wont get dual channel.

I.e. does a mobo that supports Dual DDR333 require two sticks in
| the appropriate slots to run?

See above.

OK Duuuh kike! :P

I saw the one PDF files in the 'Latest' tab and wrongly assumed that
it was the only manual. I figured that if I clicked on the 'USA'
download tab that it would download in english etc. I was wrong.

What a loser I am!!!

Thanks for your response...now I have the manual!

Don

| Thank You!!!!!!!!
|
| Don

hth