HardwareBanter

-   -   Problems over 1024x768 w/older games? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=115838)

[email protected] December 29th 05 02:33 PM

Problems over 1024x768 w/older games?

Has anyone else noticed problems running older DirectX games over
1024x768 resolution?

I recently got a 6800 Ultra, so I started with the 81.95 drivers. Some
older games have problems rendering 2D overlays on a 3D scene at any
resolution past 1024x768.
Superbike 2001, for example, won't show the pitboard text and bike/tire
status bars on the right side of the screen, while the entire 3D view
is OK.

I'm hoping there's a driver tweak, or at least a known good older
driver version I can use in a secondary XP install.

TIA for any info,
Kendt

[email protected] December 29th 05 11:17 PM

Problems over 1024x768 w/older games?

Only a problem w/AA enabled - so it's 1024x768 w/AA, or up to
1600x1200 (monitor limit) w/o. Livable I guess.

First of One December 30th 05 04:00 PM

Problems over 1024x768 w/older games?

Does the problem persist through the different AA modes (2x, 4x, QC,
8xS...)? It might also help to disable transparency AA.

ups.com...

[email protected] December 30th 05 09:45 PM

Problems over 1024x768 w/older games?

Yes - all AA settings show the problem.

What util exposes the transparency AA setting? - I've got Rivatuner
loaded, but don't remember seeing it.

Thanks,
Kendt

First of One December 31st 05 09:33 PM

Problems over 1024x768 w/older games?

Forget the transparency AA part. Just thinking out loud. Transparency AA is
only available on the 7800 series of cards.

ups.com...