HardwareBanter

-   Homebuilt PC's (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Memory Timing - 1T vs 2T (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=104840)

Steven Liburd August 18th 05 07:33 PM

Memory Timing - 1T vs 2T

I'm not sure what setting in memory timings this relates to, but, from
what I've been reading, if you put four 512Meg (double-sided) memory
sticks in a Socket 939 motherboard (and probably others also, I would
guess), the only way you can run the FSB at 200MHz is to use a setting
of 2T, as opposed to the faster 1T if only 2 modules were installed.

My question is - how much of an impact does this have, realistically
speaking? Is this something that can be easily felt? I already have
512Meg, double sided modules. Am I doing myself an injustice if I
*don't* go out and by myself a few single sided modules? TIA

==steven