HardwareBanter

-   Dell Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Upgrade (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=199428)

Ron Hardin February 26th 19 03:14 PM

Upgrade

The minimal HD memory Latitude 3180 at the outlet
store is pretty cheap ($250, less on coupon days)
and offers win10 pro. I got one to be able to
play modern youtube videos, which XP can't deal
with. Use Edge to download Firefox and you're
good to go. Turn off all the awful win10 malware
and declare the network connection to be metered
and it behaves itself pretty well. Also delete
Skype.

Otherwise I'm all XP. Even the Inspiron 1501 with
the AMD processor and 1gb of ram has been up 24/7
since 2007 and recording a streaming radio show
every M-F since then.

I notice my newsreader is Netscape Navigator 2.02
from 1994, which works under XP. Not an early
adopter.

MummyChunk March 30th 20 10:44 PM

Upgrade

Ron Hardin wrote:
The minimal HD memory Latitude 3180 at the outlet
store is pretty cheap ($250, less on coupon days)
and offers win10 pro. I got one to be able to
play modern youtube videos, which XP can't deal
with. Use Edge to download Firefox and you're
good to go. Turn off all the awful win10 malware
and declare the network connection to be metered
and it behaves itself pretty well. Also delete
Skype.

Otherwise I'm all XP. Even the Inspiron 1501 with
the AMD processor and 1gb of ram has been up 24/7
since 2007 and recording a streaming radio show
every M-F since then.

I notice my newsreader is Netscape Navigator 2.02
from 1994, which works under XP. Not an early
adopter.

Are you having
any problems staying with XP here in 2020?

This is a response to the post seen at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...7478#472047478

MissRiaElaine March 31st 20 12:16 AM

Upgrade

On 30/03/2020 22:44, MummyChunk wrote:

Are you having
any problems staying with XP here in 2020?

Ye gods that takes me back, not used XP in donkey's years. Don't use
Windoze all that much nowadays either, since I discovered Linux.

--
Ria in Aberdeen

MummyChunk March 31st 20 05:34 AM

Upgrade

MissRiaElaine wrote:

Ye gods that takes me back, not used XP in donkey's years. Don't

use
Windoze all that much nowadays either, since I discovered Linux.

--
Ria in Aberdeen

[Send address is invalid, use sipsoup at gmail dot com to reply

direct]

Donkey's Years? That sounds like a long time. I think the OP was
stating that he is using XP still perhaps?